What sets a celebrity’s home apart? Is it the millions of dollars worth of stuff that they contain? No, it is simply the execution of a plan, meticulous detail and a whole load of imagination. Your home too could look like that of a celebrity, and what’s more, it won’t cost you the world!
Celebrity Home Makeovers on a Shoestring Budget:
- Let’s talk theme: A little known fact is that most celebrities have a common theme running throughout their home. That theme could be the Wild West, as in Mel Gibson’s ranch or lilac and peach, in Halle Berry’s Paris flat. Either way, the benefit of a theme is dual fold, one it is easier to know what kind of home furnishing, accessories and general home decor pieces to go with. And secondly it keeps cost down. How so? Read on…
- Elegant yet inexpensive: Many celebrities are fixated on a particular colour, texture or print. Do the same, when painting your walls, use subtle variants of the same shade to bring about the semblance of a theme throughout the home. One trick to break from the monotony is combining artefacts with the wall paint to create a signature space.
- Go antique: Remember, vintage never goes out of fashion. To give your home a serious facelift, invest in antiques. Now we don’t mean you break the bank pursuing a statue or painting at auction, we simply mean visit websites for online home accessories. Most such websites have home decoration pieces that look antiquated, but are relatively inexpensive.
- In the bathroom: Go looking for faucets and fixtures that are vintage. Unlike accessories, you could find these old fixtures rather cheaply at a plumbing supplies store. Make sure they are in a good condition, and aren’t rusted or weathered in any way.
- Get online for great pieces of art: If you’d like to hang a renowned artwork like the Mona Lisa on your walls, there is a way to do it, for absolutely free. Download a high resolution image of the art from the internet, print it out, and frame it. There, a world famous art work and it didn’t cost you a thing!
- Make your bath, your Nirvana room: Your bathroom, either big or small can be your oasis of serenity in the maddening world you live in. Invest in small pieces of art work like a Buddha statue, votive scented candles and incense, to make your bathroom, a tranquil oasis of peace, not unlike many celebrities.
- Fill your bookshelves with rare tomes: If you have a study in your home, ensure that you have some rare books in them. Make the room a regal one where you can escape and enjoy reading a rare book. A coffee table, a nice lush carpet and a curio or two, and you’re sorted.
- Reupholster/Reuse/Recycle: If you have an old couch, bring it up to speed with a reupholstering, instead of purchasing a new one. Reuse some of your tees, once you’ve sewn them together as pillowcases or comforters. Recycle old milk bottles and tinted beer bottles as ashtrays or flower vases. Put your own unique spin on things. In truth that’s what makes a celeb’s home stand out.
Author's Bio: Noureen Almeida, is a trendy indoor stylist who loves consulting with clients about avenues of purchasing home decoration online. She also designs spaces for clients with home furnishing bought exclusively online.