Google's mission has been do no evil since their early days. This phrase is evident in all the work they do to make sure webmasters know the "rules" and what Google expects in order to be listed in their index of the Internet. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know they offer quite a few useful SEO resources. The list below will show you how far they go to help people rank better in the SERPs.
SEO Resources from Google
Here's a breakdown of the best resources for SEO professionals that Google offers.
- Webmaster Tools - One of the best resources for search engine optimization is Webmaster Tools by Google. This online tool tracks incoming links, errors and much more. It's a one-stop shop for limited communication between you and the search engine. Spending a little time here will give you a good idea of the health of your website and what's going on.
- Google Analytics - Another useful - almost invaluable - tool from Google for SEO is Analytics. By adding a small snippet of code to your website, you can track traffic coming to your website. There's a good chance you're going to be amazed at all they offer for free with this online tool.
- YouTube Channel - Google also has a YouTube channel where they publish a variety of different videos (of varying lengths and covering various topics). These videos are usually packed with information that is helpful for webmasters.
- Matt Cutts - Speaking of the YouTube channel, we can't really go talking about Google's best resource without mentioning "Google Guy" from Webmaster World and other forums back in the day. Now revealed to be Matt Cutts, he's still helping webmasters all over the world.
- Help Center - The Google Help Center is another wonderful resource for anyone interested in SEO who wants to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. No matter what question you have, there's a good chance the answer is here. While it might take you a while to find the answer (ironically), it will most likely be worth the effort.
- Webmaster Forum - Google also offers an official forum online for anyone interested in search engine optimization and everything else that goes into running a website on the modern Internet. Being able to interact with others can keep you up to date on all the latest SEO techniques that are considered safe.