"We are focused on delivering the best WhatsApp experience to as many people as possible," said Brian Acton, Co-Founder of WhatsApp Inc. "We are very excited about our partnership with Nokia Asha complementing our strategy of giving people around the world an easy experience when keeping in touch with their friends." We want to say that the Nokia Asha 210 is the world’s first phone to have a dedicated WhatsApp button.
The device also takes full advantage of the Nokia Xpress Browser which uses Nokia's cloud technology to reduce data consumption upto 90 percent, helping people enjoy more affordable Internet access and comes with pre-loaded apps like Facebook, Twitter and support for email accounts. The Nokia Asha 210 also features Nokia Nearby, a web app that lets people discover points of interest such as restaurants, shopping and ATM machines close to their location.
Other Notable Features of Nokia Asha 210
- Self-portrait - for perfectly centred self portraits, even without a front-facing camera. The built-in voice guides the user to ensure they are in the frame, before taking the shot.
- Fast editing of images directly from the camera app and easy sharing of images to social networks.
- Social phonebook integration with the ability to launch WhatsApp direct from contact cards in the Phonebook
- Preloaded YouTube launcher for direct video streaming
- Chat screen notifications that keep users up-to-date on new conversations
- Single-SIM and Dual-SIM models featuring Nokia's exclusive EasySwap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without having to turn off the device
- WiFi On/Off control button
- Nokia's renowned long battery life: upto 46 days with Single-SIM and upto 24 days with Dual-SIM
|SIM||Optional Dual SIM (Mini-SIM)|
|Body||111.5 x 60 x 11.8 mm and 97.3 grams|
|Display||2.4 inch TFT Display|
|Memory||32 MB RAM, 64 MB of internal memory and microSD, upto 32 GB|
|Camera||2 MP rear camera|
|Connectivity||GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth, microUSB v2.0|
|Battery||Li-Ion 1200 mAh|
|Colors||Yellow, Black, White, Cyan, Magenta|
|Price||Rs. 4,000 ($72)|
The Nokia Asha 210 is available in yellow, cyan, black, magenta, and white. The estimated retail price for the Nokia Asha 210 is around Rs. 4,000 ($72) and it is expected to start shipping in the second quarter of 2013.