- Goto Blogger dashboard
- If you haven’t upgraded your Blogger profile to a Google+ profile and would like to do now, you can start the process by clicking the Google+ tab on the Blogger dashboard.
- Once your blogs linked to a Google+ profile, a new setting's will be displayed on the Google+ tab of your blog.
- Just check the "Prompt to share after posting" and "use on this blog" check boxes.
- That's it you have successfully enabled Google+ comments for your blog.
If you are using custom template on your blog, Just follow the steps to add the Google+ Comments box widget in your template:
- Go to blogger dasboard > Template > Edit HTML > Format Template and find the below code
- Just below of it, paste the following code
<div class='cmt_iframe_holder' expr:data-href='data:post.canonicalUrl' expr:data-viewtype='data:post.viewType'/>
- Click on Save template button, That's it.
Important Notes for Blog Authors from Google
1. What happens to existing comments when enable Google+ Comments?
- If you use Blogger’s commenting platform, existing Blogger comments will stay on your blog, and you’ll continue to have the option to delete or mark them as spam.
- If you use a third-party commenting system, such as Disqus or any other, sorry your comments will not be retained when you enable Google+ Comments.
- Sorry , your readers must have Google+ profile or page, when they attempt to comment.
- you can moderate comments within the blog post itself. The Comments tab that you previously used to moderate comments will be removed from your Blogger dashboard.
- You can moderate comments by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the comment, or by hovering over the comment and clicking the "X" that appears.
- Automatically hide the spam comments, and you can review and edit them in bulk.
- As a blog author, you can choose to remove comments from your blog if that comment is shared publicly, or with you. However, if that comment is also shared in Google+, you won’t be able to remove it from Google+.