The biggest addition by far is the live streaming support. It means you can now tune into events as they happen on YouTube via your iPhone or iPad wherever. With iOS support, Google will be able to significantly expand its live streaming audience on YouTube. That being said, you should probably ensure you’re on Wi-Fi when you use the it.
The new iOS app also adds a “My Subscriptions” feed on the Guide, giving you quick access to new uploads from subscriptions. For those who watch YouTube on their TV, you can now queue up videos directly from the YouTube app (the “Send to TV” arrived back in February).
- Enjoy YouTube’s vast video catalog
- Find videos and channels more easily with voice search and query autocomplete
- Subscribe to channels and instantly access your subscriptions with the channel guide UI
- Read comments, browse related videos, enable subtitles and more - all while watching
- Easy video sharing to Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
- Quick access to new uploads from subscriptions via "My Subscriptions" feed on the Guide
- Access to Live streams
- Queue up videos to play on TV
- One Channel branding for video creator channels
- Stability and performance improvements