What's New in VLC 2.0.6
- 2.0.6 is an important update that fixes some regressions of the 2.0.x branch of VLC.
- 2.0.6 introduces support for Matroska v4 files.
- 2.0.6 also introduces an important number of fixes for MKV, Ogg, AVI, WMV, HTTPS and subtitles support. Fixes FLAC 6.1/7.1, ALAC, and Intel HD 2000/3000 GPU decoding on Windows are also present.
- 2.0.6 also improves the Mac OS X, the D-Bus and MPRIS2 interfaces.
- 2.0.6 uses a new compiler for Windows version, done by the MinGW-w64 project.
- With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 was a major upgrade for VLC.